Saturday, September 10, 2016

BEACHED BUM

It seems like I was gone for a very long time! And I will tell you, packing and unpacking can get taxing. But mention beach and I'm there!!! I reckon before I exist life, I will most definitely be living at a beach point, most likely Rehoboth Beach. I have some time till I can retire, but Rehoboth reminds me most of New Hope. It's a big ole melting pot of all walks of life and people, a huge gay destination, and everybody is so open and friendly with a sense of community. My vacation started with my very good friends, the Capital Street Duo in Rehoboth, and then I came back to the Casa to meet the Lad where we joined other of the clan in Provincetown, another of my favorite little spigots of land. So this beach bum had a fabulous time, but it's always so hard to leave the beach. It's like trying to get a bottle gin out of my hands!!! Some of the snaps from both places....
 
Rehoboth Beach-
One thing about Rehoboth other then the opening photo I took at sunset, and one I'm most proud of, is the wonderful architecture of the beach homes near Poodle Beach, the gay beach. Some probably too large, but love the feel of them.  The beach itself is full of natural beauty and beauties too, wink!
 
Some of the wonderful homes....
This house above I have always loved. That silo type roof thing can actually slide open at the touch of a button to have an open air staircase!!!!!
 
Some mounds and depressions......What a view!
 
Loved the patio at the house this year...
 
One the other side of the coin, what's not to love about Provincetown? The weather was beautiful, but HOT, the quaint feel of the town, the natural beaches, the famous tea dances and campy patrons, the award winning fudge, and the infamous hot men and hot times at night!!!!! You may not know, but Provincetown in 1620, was the first landing spot of the Mayflower Pilgrims, who sheltered there before moving on to Plymouth. It thrived as one of the largest seafaring ports and had a larger whaling and fishing business then even Boston. Over time the fleet and fishing business left to larger ports and the town then turned to tourism, but reborn as an artistic and bohemian hub, and eventfully became possibly the friendliness gay and lesbian spot of Earth.
We even had an authentic seafood bake one night...YUMMY!
The fabulous sites and shops on Commercial StreetGreat place to grab a cock-a-tail and people watch.....
 
Or grab a slice of the infamous Spiritus Pizza...
Or award winning fudge!!!!
Lovely view from the house.....
 
Then there were the characters...
The fabulous Hat Sisters

Our bar tender Thad most nights.ME OHHHH MY!
Dear friend and reader Pearly Gates being bit by a suitor!!!
Hedda Lettuce giving me the finger!
Fudge and queens!!!!!! Now that's how one rides a bike.

I do believe clan member Michael was saying he loves the bears?
Must really tell Miss Richfield how to get over fears of  putting in those tips.
The disgusting view of Preston sunning on a impromptu beach visit. I knew I should have did my laundry that day. I do recall it being hard to see much else at that moment.
 
Now after such wonderful trips, good times with good friends and the sight and sound of the ocean, can you see why it's hard to leave the beach? I'm ready to live under the boardwalk at this point. I did manage to good a nice tan though.
This was the day I got back! GRATITIOUS VIEW!!!!
💋

37 comments:

  1. my, pearly gates and hedda lettuce are GORGEOUS! did you see mark & joe whilst in rehoboth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone around here had hood taste. Thanks doll!

      Delete
  2. It is always a pleasure to have you in our fair hamlet! You can stay in my room, I mean my spare room any time! Lovely picture Mistress. Is Preston available today....i do have some wash for those abs. He's such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast! See ya again next year tootes

      Delete
  3. Great post,next year I'm definitely coming to Rehoboth! I love Ptown! Had a blast when I went with you last. And what a tan on that chest......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the beach ... the sand dunes, the man dunes.

    I also feel the need to live again at the beach one day. I've Lived in San Francisco ... cold beaches, mostly .... and Hawaii .... beaches so peaceful ... and Miami .... beaches so touristy.
    I need a new beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed seeing all those mounds and depressions! I love to travel, but nothing like the beach.Gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT A VACATION! And what nice color on those pecs! I can see why you must feel rejuvenated. I have never been to Ptown yet, but do like Rehoboth. Very fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vacation you svelte handsome thing! I absolutely love the pictures and the characters! I think retiring to the beach sound like a fabulous plan. I'm loving all those buoys on that wall in Provincetown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sky in that first photo - good take! The beach and those wooden walkways (boardwalks?) there reminds of Holkham beach here in Norfolk (just a few miles west of Cromer).
    Some of those houses are quite ostentatious - but fabulous, all the same! Is that Rapunzel's tower in one of those photos from the pier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rapunzel wasn't the only thing to let something down from that tower.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't think of a better place to have a full moon!

      Delete
  9. Mistress, between all that flesh, these beautiful beach photos and Spiritus pizza....you have my mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a mouth watering feast for the eyes. Its easy to see why you love the beach so much. I loved seeing the photos of Rehoboth. We haven't been in years, so I enjoyed those. Always loved the good vibe it has their and if I recall, some good dinning spots. I assume you have something for award winning fudge??? Tan looks great on you too. Your so in shape Mistress. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have left my mouth watering......for a couple reason. I can see you certainly love the beach. Thanks for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Gawd - I've done some pleasurable time under boardwalks and piers, but I won't go into that.

    I am completely smitten by ALL the photos. I can just smell the tang of the salty air, feel the cool gentle lap of the waves, taste the lobster and corn on the cob.....hell, I think I even got a sunburn.....

    BTW- I love the name Hedda Lettuce.

    and the "gratitious view" of U

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tour! I spent three years on the edge of
    a salt water inlet. Loves the ocean. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea you were back. So the beach tour ends. Looks like a great relaxing time, loved all the pictures. Great times too by looks of things. But why is Preston not naked???? Love Miss Tichfield...shes a crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nobody does summer like you Mistress! You sure do enjoy all its pleasures. You took so beautiful pictures. Now can we discuss those hot boys? It done get hot in here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i was just glad to be able to go, even if it meant working overtime...and doing laundry on those abs. but have you gotten the last of the sand out yet? the house boys are tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, that looked like so much fun. Did you hire that bartender yet for the Casa?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures, Mistress. It looks like a paradise of sea, sand and show-offs! The Hat Sisters should be cast in a pantomime. Do you think they'd be offended if they were asked to play Cinderella's ugly sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So THAT'S what it looks like through the Looking Glass?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Has vacation season ended yet?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great array of images.very festive . I especially enjoyed the last one. If only we more of a taste of what that bikini looked like. Don't leave us hanging like that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a vacation! The pictures transport us almost like were there. Never knew about the history of the pilgrims landing there. How cool is that? Between you, Preston and that bar tender, did a cock fight break out???

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had me at those lovely homes. The Rehoboth shots are quite beautiful. Is it me or is Provincetown more campy and over the top? Loves the Richfield!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fabulous photos. Would you believe I've never been to the beach??? Take me please! I love the was gull pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. No such beaches around here. Looking at these lovely and lascivious photos certainly make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had me at the first picture. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely recounting. Makes me extremely jealous, of course... But, I certainly understand your love of the beach. I keep trying to escape the desert for a tropical locale. St Croix is in my sights right now.
    Should have NOT done laundry - then you would've had an excuse for being naked... LOL.
    In any case, welcome back, my mistress. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9/12/2016

    MESSAGE TO THAD -

    Make mine a double.

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great trip!!! But could you possibly lower the camera in that last photo?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Replies
    1. Meanwhile I'm still looking for the perfect pasties'

      Delete
  31. Good god...what is Preston packing in there???? Looks very nice indeed. And you need to move that camera a bit father down on yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!